"I have nothing to hide"

When it comes to privacy I like to know that I’m not being spied on, or sold off as another ad campaign, or that is what they want us to believe? I work in care as a night shift worker for a local care agency. Recently well last year they bought all the care places they run, their Staff leaders a Mac Tablet thingy madgeiggot (Not the right way of spelling, but pronunciation is right anyway.) Nothing has been put in place, until a couple or three weeks ago, when they said download this App on your phones to get your rotas, payslips, login or logon to shifts, etc, etc. It only works if you have the GPS is on.

So that basically means we’re being spied on, can probably pick up conversations too, as does Google, Siri on Mac and Alexa on Amazon. Already have Google on my phone and now they’ve slightly changed their third party tracking to something that is still tracking, but apparently not so intrusive, it’s still the same and in their words different???

I use Firefox and Duck Duck Go on my phone, but with Google at the helm, it seems a waste of time. I would like to use Android without Google on my phone and use the open source apps. I have F-Droid apps blocking all the Google Crap, if I went and uninstalled Google altogether, then that’s it for my phone, since Google bought up Android for phones. I’m digressing here, let’s get back to the point of this ere topic. No matter what don’t use this app that’s mentioned above.

People are clueless and have their phones strapped to them night and day, never had a real conversation in their lives face to face, always hidden away behind a phone screen.
Before the pandemic, I used to accidentally on purpose bump into people to see if they’re still in the land of the living? When I said sorry mate did not mean to, they just looked at me as if I had sixteen heads.

Take me back to the eighties where no one knew where anyone was and we used to leave messages on the table or magnets on the fridge, to tell our parents where we are and what time we’d be back. Life was so much easier then, plus you never were disturbed when you went to the cinema with an Atlantic ocean of Mobile Media Lights, whilst trying to watch a film, even though seconds before a sign came up on screen asking Please Turn Off All Mobile Media Devices.

I’ve witnessed people sweat when they never had a reply from their so called friends on Facebooked. She not only sweated, but had a stammer in her hands with enough power to make a ton of cake mixture. If that is what this world has come to, people worried about their friends not replying, then sorry but get a life.

No matter what we do, we will be spied on and you can thank Terrorists, cyberbullies and other Internet crime for that. Who knows what crap is inside these apps anyway? For as long as people keep using them and keep saying I have nothing to hide and I have said that in the past too, but for organisations to listen in or keep an eye on everything you do without your consent, but that takes me to my next point.

No one reads the agreement when they install stuff from Google Play or that giant EULA when they install Windows 10 on their PC, they take it upon chance that everything will be Okay. Then they get harassed by adverts on their phones, of a product they were looking at earlier on Amazon. Go on buy me it says I don’t care how much money you have in your bank account just click the laminated shiny titled buy now button.

I can live without my phone, in fact I had my arm broken off by one of my work colleagues to get one, to go onto WhatsApp. Once I bought one she happily returned my arm and attached it back on. Luckily she kept it in ice for a week and kept an eye on the temperature. I find that phones are rude and people are rude with them in their hands looking at a screen whilst you’re trying to have a conversation with them. I walk away whenever that happens and say speak to you later as it wasn’t that important, whilst I’m trying to give handover to you all. My agency said no phones whilst working, but with this new App they are now saying you can use your phones. Hello Welcome to the show, It’s make your mind up time.

1 Like