Advice for OS needed

Hi Rosika, Hey me too – same with ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Could I suggest that before you deciding anything you take a look at

Like me, this may give you an alternative look at what most people call Linux – its history concept and direction are quite interesting and even refreshing.
However if you wish to get straight to the OS – go here and take a look.

If you wish to view some relevant topics then please visit the following to get some idea compared to others. As you will see My old HP G60 Dual Core HDD Notebook is similar to your specs and runs so reliably and updates come through regularly even though Trisquel 9.0 is now the current release. There is also Trisquel Mini for older machines or low powered devices – from the community - My current daily driver is Lubuntu 18.04, whch I use on both 32-bit and 64-bit computers. I’ve been trying Trisquel Mini (and loving it) as a replacement for Lubuntu, which is dropping support for both LXDE and 32-bit.
However I feel your mini tower will handle the full version – installation is so easy too and the OS is so reliable and bug free to the point of being boring.
Not sure which country you reside or language but know the language support is mega.

ps There is no need to update your machine as noted above – my 13 year old HP HDD boots up in 34s. Perhaps get on over to DistroWatch where you will probably find MX-Linux is still top of the hit parade :smiley:
Best Wishes - Stay Safe

1 Like