Are Linux users cheap?

In my case, I don’t make much money, so I never subscribed to a Linux mag. I do try to contribute to some of the projects I use with Patreon.

2 Likes

I don’t want to invest much time commenting on this, so here my summary my opinion about this statement:

• fake news
  • hardcore clickbait
  • not informed/researched

If Linux users would be so cheap, I don’t know how roughly ~4 different dedicated monthly Linux magazines in the book store around my corner would be able to survive for years and years on.

1 Like

It’s a clickbait, nothing else.

3 Likes

“Are Linux users cheap?”
NO!

I am and according to my wife - free to any good home that would accept me :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so. Although I am new to the Linux OS and community, many tenured Linux users I know seem to spend their “Nickels and Dimes” on a plethora of “tinker toys” and projects. Much more so than that of other dedicated OS users I know - and with all the Linux based projects that I’ve been interested pursuing, all of those “Nickels and Dimes” add up quick!

1 Like

Cheap? No. But the Linux magazines I would have liked to have read were $20 or more at my local Books a Million. I honestly can’t afford to put that much into a magazine. They were just too high priced.

1 Like

No agree, simply :imp: