Are Linux users cheap?

In my case, I don’t make much money, so I never subscribed to a Linux mag. I do try to contribute to some of the projects I use with Patreon.

3 Likes

I don’t want to invest much time commenting on this, so here my summary my opinion about this statement:

• fake news
  • hardcore clickbait
  • not informed/researched

If Linux users would be so cheap, I don’t know how roughly ~4 different dedicated monthly Linux magazines in the book store around my corner would be able to survive for years and years on.

2 Likes

It’s a clickbait, nothing else.

4 Likes

“Are Linux users cheap?”
NO!

I am and according to my wife - free to any good home that would accept me :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so. Although I am new to the Linux OS and community, many tenured Linux users I know seem to spend their “Nickels and Dimes” on a plethora of “tinker toys” and projects. Much more so than that of other dedicated OS users I know - and with all the Linux based projects that I’ve been interested pursuing, all of those “Nickels and Dimes” add up quick!

1 Like

Cheap? No. But the Linux magazines I would have liked to have read were $20 or more at my local Books a Million. I honestly can’t afford to put that much into a magazine. They were just too high priced.

1 Like

No agree, simply :imp:

Yes! We can say so, for most of OUR queries are well supported through and resolved in different forums etc.SO in terms of TIME losses we sure come out CHEAP. or try any query in HP/MS/commercial forums for yurself.
We come out SMART in the end and that ain’t CHEAP

1 Like

Personally, I am cheap, so I suppose–in keeping with the times–I should be deeply offended.:thinking: But part of my cheapness is disliking waste and having to consider whether or not I’m offended seems like such a waste of time.

So my guess is–I really am way too busy to check–that I’m way too cheap to be offended.

Usually when someone–without a mountain of convincing evidence–says “All X’s are Y”, they’re trying to make someone else angry, not trying to explain why something happened the way it did.

They are–in other words–articles which I’m way too cheap to read.

2 Likes

To tell the truth I never gave much to charity until I started using Linux. If a free application saves my bacon I feel obliged to help–even if it’s only $20.00. And I know I’m not the only one who thinks the same.

2 Likes

These blanket-statement, click-bait titled articles are nothing more than that. Not worth my time to even click on it. :wink:

But just to add, I use Linux simply because it’s awesome.

4 Likes

Well stated @davemerritt