Bluetooth randomly disconnects and reconnects, lose mouse and speaker

(I tried to use your template but it generated over 220k characters, too many for your system.)

Firefox 88.0
qrp@qrp-N141CU:~$ neofetch
qrp@qrp-N141CU

Host: N141CU
Kernel: 5.11.0-16-generic
Shell: bash 5.1.4
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: GNOME 3.38.4
CPU: Intel i7-10510U (8) @ 4.900GHz
GPU: Intel CometLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics]
Memory: 4209MiB / 15695MiB
Uptime: 12 hours, 22 mins
Packages: 1747 (dpkg), 8 (snap)
WM: Mutter
WM Theme: Adwaita
Theme: Yaru-dark [GTK2/3]
Icons: Yaru [GTK2/3]
Terminal: gnome-terminal

The BT randomly disconnects and then, more often than not, it automatically reconnects. I cannot associate any behaviors or programs with this. I have turned off automatic updates (I’m not too sure about Snaps,) I do not use Ubuntu Calendar or Clock. I spend almost all of my computer time in Firefox.
Is there a resolution for this?

Can I ask why you’re using 21.04? The reason why I’m asking is with every new Ubuntu release there is always bugs and as 21.04 has not been out that long and is end of life in January 2022. I’d go back to 20.04, more reliable and has had time to iron any bugs out. It’s entirely up to you it’s your computer, but having problems with Bluetooth when in 20.04 it’ll work straight away. If your going to go for the downgrade, backup any important documents, pictures, music, etc first.

1 Like

There could be several possibilities. Perhaps it is because of power saving mode profile.

Try to keep an eye on the logs and see if there are any interesting information. Use this command to track bluetooth logs in real time:

journalctl -f | grep -i blue

Keep the command running in terminal and look for logs when the device gets disconnected.

1 Like

I have taken the path of least resistance and re-installed 20.04 alongside of 21.04.

1 Like