Boo snap! It is not a nice helper

I just reinstalled Ubuntu 18.04 and it came up 18.04.3 instead of 18.04.1. No problem.

I started reinstalling all my apps and discovered, to my displeasure, that snap had moved where all my application files were stored!

user, where all my Libreoffice basic macros are and that previously was at ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user is now, after much searching, ~/snap/libreoffice/144/.config/libreoffice/4/user. What the heck is this? Similar changes seem to have been made for other apps.

Can I get rid of snap? I understand snap is a cool packaging system. I read your tutorial on snap, but, no thanks. How do I get rid of it?

When my friend tried out snap one time, he noticed that there was a snap folder created in his /home folder, so he immediately uninstalled snap, because he found it stupid that something forces something into your personal stuff, without even asking. I don’t know if I remember correctly, but I think he even said, that the snap folder location is not debatable. Which is indeed kind of limiting and not representing what Linux usually stands for.