Buffering issues with Firefox on Ubuntu 18.04

I am having video buffering problems, Every youtube video I watch stops a buffers, This never happened on Windows. I checked my internet. it is at 185.5 Mbps.
memory 4 gib
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P9600 @ 2.53GHz × 2
Any advice.
Thanks Scott

what version of ubuntu are you using and what browser?

18.04.2 LTS and Firefox Quantum 67.0

is that 32- or 64-bit ubuntu?

64 bit Thanks for your time.

let’s see if i can help you find a fix first, but you are welcome :slight_smile:

is it just youtube? can you check netflix or hulu or vimeo (or something similar) to see if those also buffer? did you get your connection speed from an online test?

Which browser do you use ? Try Google Chrome and check.

1 Like

Do not have netflixs etc. Did try vevo. it is the same. I did check online speed test Ookla.
I put Google chrome on here and youtube works fine. running a music video on GC now as I type this on Firefox

1 Like

did you install firefox through the repos or a software manager or a snap?

It was installed when I got the machine a few days ago.

if you’re fine with chrome, there is no need for further troubleshooting. i like firefox myself so i don’t mind trying to help get it fixed if that is what you prefer.

1 Like

If you are using a wifi connection do

sudo sed -i ‘s/wifi.powersave = 3/wifi.powersave = 2/’ /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf && systemctl restart network-manager.service

This will solve the problem with it

it seems like you found an answer that works for you :slight_smile: any objection to my changing the title to something like “buffering issues with firefox on ubuntu 18.04”, adding it to the applications category and marking this post (switching to chrome) as the solution?

No objection here, Chrome is not my Favorite. But it does solve the problem. Thanks All.

1 Like

i appreciate you taking the time :slight_smile: