Debian won`t load firmware after removing Ubuntu

I guess so. According to the URL, I would say yes.
Beside this, I still think that you have to compile the driver provided by the manufacturer (according to the presence of a makefile). Maybe some other, more experienced forum member can have a look at this.
Now that you have the install media with the nonfree drivers, it may work out fine.

I did download and install the image with firmware but choose the encrypted option but could not get pass entering the password after the restart it just froze, then i tried the “Graphical install” with no encryption but it did not load the firmware and could not set up the dhcp etc. so now im installing just using the 2nd. choice "Install" & no encryption, so far so good, it did connect to my wifi modem. I just choose the Debian desktop environment among the various desktops offered, it was checked by default so i used it along with utility’s , I tried to remove the print server but not so sure as when i hit enter to remove it the install began so i just hope i don’t have to do this all over again, ive been doing it for several hours now so enough is enough. One question it says i can choose all the desktops i want but is this actually possible with out compromising anything like conflicts or slowdown of the PC ? How could they be installed later if its possible ? This is downloading software from a mirror but will it be the same as the 2 iso images on the debian site with additional packages > If not can they be installed later from a dvd download from the deb site ? Ps. I want to use the wired connection later so how to install the firmware for it if not already installed with this installation ?

OK, strange, that your wifi works,but the LAN don’t…
Maybe it’s because the installer asks which internet connection to use and when you chose wifi, the LAN adapter was left out (just guessing).
Nevertheless, there is always the possibility to include the nonfree repo and then install the correct firmware for LAN.

Generally speaking, it is possible to have dozens of different DEs, but it won’t be practical, as you stated regarding space and conflicts.
You can always try out different DEs live and then choose which one fits your needs. And then you install it on your productive system.
Just to be clear, your system is up and running now (so far)?

1 Like

No, i cant get past the initial start up ware it says GNOME started but if i start in recovery mode i can get to what loooks like a desk top screen but is unreadable it looks like a random multi color abstract pattern the only way i can describe it but the vid card is fine. All this started when i removed Ubuntu and this is the only time i have has this type of problem, Yes, it asked the way i wanted to connect so i chose wifi. The same debian i installed on this laptop did the same thing when i tried to installed on the PC but all after uninstalling Ubuntu. ill try again with cinnamon desktop and wired connection but it connects to the debian mirrors and downloads the packages graphics work fine until i start the OS. I was also asked for the root password in recovery mode and it did not take it but clearly remember what it is. / The other iso i see 2-3 im under the impression they contain the packages correct ? I want to see if installing from a dvd will make a difference.
Update 5-26 .
I just tried everything i can with debian including manual config.
I just tried to install Mint 32bit live and it worked like a charm, no problem connecting with wifi it did it on its own, not so for debian 10.2 or .4 64bit but when instaling mint id debian 10.2 as being installed but only remember the newest version i just downloaded 2 days ago 10.4 even with preinstalled firmware. Another thing when i installed debian manually it stated i was using efi filesystem, never knew that before. The PC im using is able to use 64-bit software as i checked in setup its clearly stated so dont know what to make of the problem unless its on debian end, only thing i can think of so will try Mint 64-bit soon and see how it goes. Like i said this is the first time ive had this problem. // 2nd. Update, i can confirm that the problem is with Ubuntu - Debian, as i installed Mint 32-64 bit both live & full install and no problem connecting using wifi so im going to use Mint now and after feeling around it a little it is better than both Debian and Ubuntu i just don't like the tar.bz2 files you have to use but ill get used to it. Thank`s everyone for trying to help.