Deja dup not starting as scheduled

I am using Linux Mint Tina-64 Mate. I have used Deja Dup without problem for a long time, but now it doesn’t start a new backup each day automatically. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you all!

What changed since it worked the last time?

1 Like

Hi Akito. I’m not certain. I did recently upgrade my setup to Mint 19.2 Tina and the 5.0 kernel, but I’m loathe to blame Mint. What do you think?

Did you TimeShift before doing the upgrade and was it working on 19.1 or what version you had? If so it should still work. If doesn’t work, then I would suggest that you uninstall the version you have and reinstall it. Is in software manager. I have looked elsewhere and no one else is reporting this problem to date. Sorry don’t know of another answer at this time.

OK. Thank you. I probably won’t go back to the previous release as I made a major structural change to my machine when I upgraded to Tina (19.2). I added a 120GB SSD to act as my system drive to make future upgrades easier and make the system faster. /home is now the only thing on the 1TB drive that used to do everything.

I’ll ask over at the Deja Dup project when time permits. Thank you for your ideas!

1 Like

Let us know how you get on and good luck with it.