Fedora 37 released the other day (a month late)

Watching Bryan Lunduke’s take on Fedora 37 on “The Lunduke Journal of Technology” website (came out a few minutes ago).

dunno if you can get it for free - I pay - can’t remember how much, maybe $5 a month? $12 a year? I can’t remember…

Anway - I’m going to try it out on my testbed machine - the much neglected Thinkpad E495 (Ryzen 5 with Vega8 [AMD] Graphics) - that I hardly ever turn on…

Also going to try the Pi4 aarch64 Fedora 37 build on my 8 Gb Pi4…

Few beers with a mate this evening, so I’ve pencilled in most of Saturday for hangover, so won’t try this out till Sunday :smiley:

slacking off sunday :

Tried out mastodon (signed up about 5 years ago) - seems better than Twitter which Musk seems to have managed to kill… Not that I was ever a big twitter user… I reckon I’ve maybe tweeted 10x in the last 10 years… Mastodon feels “better” anyway…

Installed Fedora 37 on the Stinkpad - one thing that “impressed” me was it asks do I want to add third party repos now - so I said yes… and guess what? That includes rpmfusion! That’s a big time saver in my experience… Took me a couple hours last time to figure out rpmfusion was the repo I needed for better GPU support and some dependancies to get steam running…

But now I have to cripple it again, by disabling Wayland just so I can run Synergy KVM - this makes me want to swear, a lot…

I tried aarch64 Fedora37 in QEMU on my M1 MacBook - but won’t boot… can’t be arsed digging out a HDMI monitor to try it on a Pi4… Maybe later…