Firefox update to patch security vulnerability June 18, 2019

a couple of days ago firefox released an update to deal with a recently discovered security issue. so far the only recorded attacks that i have read about have been against two cryptocurrency organizations. it sounds like it would be a good idea to make sure your system is updated to 67.0.3 and firefox ESR 60.7.1 just to be on the safe side :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just looking at the link my friend Corrine sent me about this, as she does Security Garden and has done for years. There have been a few of updates needing updating with Firefox. Don’t know the reason for it.

1 Like

the way i read the articles, it doesn’t sound like something (some kind of javascript error and another that targeted macOS) that is either easily exploitable or aimed at the average home user. i just thought i would let folks know there was a recent update since the first article i read (can’t seem to find that link though) made a point of saying mozilla recommended updating soon. of course that article title could have been leaning towards the clickbait edge of things, but as long as the update is safe i figured it was a good idea to share.

1 Like

Agree it is always good to share these things and to make sure that everything is updated all the time with the latest possible updates even if they are follow on updates. This is particularly true of browsers and I always remember being told when I was doing my security course that the weakest part of any OS was the one we use most often, that is our browser.

1 Like