General Observation

It amuses me when I go on sites how complicated people make things. I remember years ago my Dad telling me when computers first started that the more people used them the stupider they became, because they forgot a computer will only do what you tell it to do. All they are a yes or no thing. Being young and stupid myself at the time I disagreed with him. Now I am older and wiser I wish my Dad was here so I could tell him he was right and show him why. My Dad was an educator by the way and his rule of teaching was to keep it simple stupid, he probably wasn’t the first one or the last one to say that, but it’s one I followed ever since. Look for the simple solution first as that will be the works - failing all else hit it with a hammer (not really)

4 Likes

KISS rules :sunglasses:

3 Likes

When I first learned about computers, I said that a computer was no smarter than a pencil. The only thing is, it’s like a billion pencils at once.

3 Likes

The old computer adage: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

this reminds me of all of the recent articles about AI and how when (not my original thought, but i agree to the extent that i understand such things) that term is broken down it is just a fancy name for an algorithm which is a fancy name for a set of rules written by a person that (more than likely) shares their strengths and weaknesses in equal measure.

1 Like

KISS, GIGO–both are true and the heart of the matter. It was true back in the punchcard and paper tape days (have your grandparents explain those) and it’s true today.

Oh Yehr! Try telling doogal or US Inc to search for something and it will only give you the garbage it says is okay for you! :cowboy_hat_face: :woozy_face:
Ah well - back to Tails and Tor :wink: