I’m unable to login back to Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi disabled

@Christian_Christian,
You have 2 volumes with same attributes, same size, same letter, one without file system and other in NTFS

Seriously, I don’t know how to help you because I never saw this situation.

In this case, I have doubts about two things:

• It misses volumes in your system
  • It seems volume 1 and volume 4 are the same, so volume 4 could be the Recovery partition (not the RECOVERY partition with WIN 8.1 image to install it from BIOS) but volume 1 misses info like fs (file system)

I’m afraid the next step I give you it will erase WIN8.1, so I think its better to say I don’t have a solution for your case

P.S.: When you enter in Rescue Mode> troubleshooting > Advanced options, I think you have and option called Start-up Repair. I think it doesn’t clear any files but it’s to you to use it or not

1 Like

Thanks for the photo
This photo confirms the RECOVERY volume it’s really the WIN8.1 data

1 Like

Go to command prompt:

• Type diskpart and enter
  • Type select volume 1 and enter
  • Type remove letter=C and enter
  • Type list volume and enter. Take a photo and post here

If only volume 4 has the letter C, try:

• Type select partition 5 and enter
  • Type ** set id = 07 override** and enter
  • Take a photo of the message after the command and post here
  • exit

Try to run WIN8.1

1 Like

I have followed the commands and then selected Start-up repair and my PC been attempting repairs. Do i need to leave it like this for hours.?

1 Like

Should i go into Ubuntu system and check my disk partitions mount them or something.?

1 Like

@Christian_Christian,
You can assign again the letter C

Go to command prompt:

• Type diskpart and enter
  • Type select volume 1 and enter
  • Type assign letter=C and enter
  • Type list volume and enter and check if partition 1 and 5 have again the letter C

I tried everything to help but Im affraid I don’t know more how to to put your WIN working

Please try the @meetdilip tip

1 Like

I tried to locate a good video but was unable to find a simple one. Perhaps you can try " Windows 10 startup repair " on YouTube and might be able to crack the jinx.

But let me tell you, it is very simple. The UI is quite easy. Boot from USB/DVD and find " Startup repair " option. The good thing about this is it is a one click operation ( but it will take some time to check whether it can repair your Windows ).

In most case, startup repair should not delete any of your data. But as said above, take backup. You can boot through Ubuntu live session and take files and folders from any drive NTFS or ext4 ( Windows or Ubuntu ).

The next option is also in the Windows 10 boot UI. It is called " Reset my PC ". But that will work only on Windows 10. All data in Windows drive will be lost. I am not so sure, but if you try Windows 8.1 ISO, there might be an option to reset as well.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I just found this info:

1 Like