Is there a Linux distro with extensive GUI interface

It always seemed to me like Linux developers have no idea about UX and UI design. That should be a big part of the reason why the end-user experience on GUI Linux is pretty shitty, on average. This obviously includes how the desktop works and how packages are represented.

In the end operating systems are just programs, too. And programs are just tools to make our lives easier. To each tool their own use. You use a hammer for nails, but not for cutting wood. You use a saw for cutting wood, but not for hammering nails.
Same with operating systems.

2 Likes

I love that .
I think the Solus team must have someone with a bit of artistic ability. That is what is needed. You dont tend to get it in computing/maths types of people.

Cheers
Neville

1 Like

This is about not having installed something that never ever be used. Most Linux distros oriented at the average user, who may or may not need certain software applications or firmware (hardware drivers). I would rather install minimal system, then add something I need, instead of removing unwanted packages from something like Ubuntu. When I install the minimal system, I have about 500 packages installed. Ubuntu installs over 2000 packages by default.