Linux advice, not medical advice

My previous post was not intended to discuss off-topic to what this community is for. I apologize if it sounded so.

If you have had probably guessed, I don’t support vaccines at all. You can call me to an “anti-vax”. Whoever supports it, in this community, it’s not my job to convince anything. It has nothing to do with me. But, some supported statement like You need to stop believing the anti-vax lies makes me feel uncomfortable and think that is it really the community I liked and followed. It’s an attack to a group of peoples’ opinion. I was really happy to follow this community, so I don’t expect any attacks on my opinions. That’s why I wrote this. I don’t think it’s polite or friendly when opinion of people like me is simply said a lie, that too in an unrelated topic.

People here can simple add me to anti-vax race category and so treat me differently, but that’s not really the intention behind this community, right? It has to be noted that not every reader or follower is going to be pro-vaccine. There are so-called anti-vax people too, like me, who read and support. My request was just to keep this in mind while writing any article in future.

I hope that I will have a good time in this community regardless of what I support and not.

3 Likes

7 people in my father’s friend circle, my immediate neighbor, 3 people in my brother’s friend circle died of Corona. 2 of my batch mates from my undergrad college succumbed to COVID. One of them was pregnant.

Of course, they were “fools”. They should have looked for “non-dangerous doctors” with “decades of experience in dealing with COVID-19 patients”.

That aside, please do not belittle people’s suffering. There is an old saying, “You won’t understand the pain unless you endure it yourself”. We had a rough time here in the second wave of COVID-19 with warnings of a third wave in the next few months. Vaccination drive is nowhere close to completion because it is not easy to double vaccinate such a huge population in such a short span of time.

You are free to choose not to get vaccinated. After seeing what the second wave did here, getting vaccinated seems like a reasonable move.

And while we discuss all this, there is one country where this virus originated but never stayed for long and no one dare to ask questions.

5 Likes

Sorry to here that. That’s really sad and disappointing :disappointed:
I wish they had proper guidance and proper treatment to get them cured. I can understand the pain losing someone we love and respect.

I never will belittle the loss caused by anything. I have lost people I loved too, in my family, like everyone else. Who won’t? But, unlike some others, I won’t encourage people using the loss to gain sympathy for commercial and political purpose. Never ever.

Yes, we had hard time, but… since this is not the right place, I won’t argue here. But all I say here is commercial and politically influenced media or any big group of people should not be trusted blindly, without (at least trying) verifing the actual truth.

Again, this is not the right place for me to argue.

Afterall, keeping controvorsies aside, I really respect your feelings about the people suffering. I highly recommend that if you really are into this, you should consider doing your real research (excluding commercially funded sources involving in politics) to keep people around you safe, not wait for something that someone else sells at sometime.

4 Likes

An appeal for help to the helpless (without regard to religion, colour, region etc) cannot be politics

I hope you and your loved ones will never have to sleep on an empty stomach (which I had to, many times, in my childhood) and see your parents cry that they could not feed their children…

For me the topic is closed.

4 Likes

Oh really? So Linus Torvalds is a “half witted software developer”?

I wonder what are you? A software genius? Or maybe a keyboard warrior?

2 Likes