Lost My Settings Upgrading to 19.04

Upgraded from 18.10 to 19.04 and unable to pull up my settings page … have no idea what I have now - I see a few new icons and that is all I know - How do I get my settings back?

Thanks - Hud

1 Like

What kind of settings are you talking about?

I believe you were using Ubuntu 18.10 and you upgraded to 19.04 from within 18.10 and not installed it via USB.

1 Like

abhishek: Yes, I upgraded from within 18.10 following the directions as outlined in the article “How To Upgrade Ubuntu To 19.04” by Joey Sneddon omg!unbuntu! - After the install, I restarted but could not bring up my “Settings” … i.e., when I clicked on the “Settings” icon it never would come up … so I am unable to check my settings nor the “Details” of what I have - I do not know if everything did as was supposed to - I do see a few new Icons, but this is all I know - I upgraded to 19.04 on my HP Desktop … I have not attempted to do so on my Dell Laptop yet … want to get my Desktop straightened out first as this is my main computer I use in my work -

I am completely new to Linux/Ubuntu, so do not know much of what I am doing … trying to learn … plus I am 76 years old and my “High Tech” instrument in college was my slide rule … thus, all this is new ground -

Thanks - Hud

2 Likes

May I know which desktop environment are you using?

One way would be to reinstall the desktop environment you are using.

1 Like

abhishek: I am using the GNOME desktop environment - Before we go much further, I have been working on this all day and finally, I guess, resolved the issue - Apparently, there was just a partial upgrade … so I ran it again and everything appears to be ok - I am not sure I have everything that I am supposed to, but it is working … and my system shows that I have 19.04 … plus I have the Disco Dingo background, etc. Also, I upgraded my Laptop to 19.04 and it is working fine -

I sincerely appreciate your attention regarding my situation … thank you -

Hud

1 Like