Manjaro XFCE update time on an Latitude

WTH!? Look at the time remaining!

are you downloading over wifi or hardwired?

1 Like

wifi. About 520 updates. The Lat is an icore5/8gb/500gb. But it’s not an ssd.

2 Likes

I’m going to let it roll but maybe start doing terminal updates vs the package manager?

2 Likes

definitely worth a shot. unless you just have an extra 970 minutes to spare all the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Makes sense, it is down the wifi aerial in the laptop.

I’m lucky to get 70 to 90mbs next the wifi router, with my 5430, whereas the newer 5470 has a double aerial and rated at 866mbs and generally runs 10 to 15 Celsius cooler than the 5430.

Back in 2013ish when I first attempted a Debian net-install, that estimated 20hrs 53mins to download the desktop on an old Lenovo. :cry:

3 Likes

I just let it run all night and it was finished by morning. Never had that happen though. Where you on Google +? I think I remember your name from there. I have an account there but never really got into it. Plus, the site is supposed to shut down.

1 Like

that is just about exactly as much as i ever used it. i am assuming it is the same account that i still use to browse youtube so i think technically it still exists. i just never used the “social media” part of google+

1 Like

Isn’t G+ about to be shut down?

2 Likes

Yes. I always thought it sucked but there’s some die hards on there.

1 Like

I was thinking you were the one who designed the Tux win 10!wallpaper. I use it on windows machines. Lmao.

2 Likes

these days i’m lucky if i can get stick figures to have enough appendages :smiley: you must be thinking of someone else

3 Likes

Already try change the repositories ? If no, then can begin by he.
Sometimes the download rate is ridiculous, such 2 or 3 Kb/s, even
1 Kb/s … You should consider also a wired connection ( well more faster :slight_smile: )

2 Likes