Mint isn't stopping and is in rude health and thriving

Many people seem to have the idea that Mint is going to disappear soon or has outlasted its usefulness, or so it would seem from the internet. Then if you read and believe everything on the internet I’ve been dead from a terrible disease which I none of us has heard off for the last 10 years.
The latest Mint Blog is out which you can read here, https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3751 and that should answer any of those whose who are making the suggestions above, that it is going. This is one of most up-beat blogs I have read for a long time.

6 Likes

Yep. Just watched this video which needs to be shared among the community. If it seems unlikely and seems like click-bate, it probably is. Don’t believe everything you see and hear out there.

3 Likes

@ElectricDandySlider I think you meant to say “and is in good health” in the thread title. :wink:

1 Like

No Mike I meant it as I said it. Meaning robust and vigorous. I use the term all the time. Might be an old fashioned way of saying things, but then I am old and never fashionable

3 Likes

Ah ok. I’ve never seen that word used in that context before. lol

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out - I could have done it wrong, but in this case not guilty M’lord :rofl:

2 Likes

There is a lot of wisdom in this commentary. I can answer his question, “Why do we do that to each other?” Because the stakes are so small.

Not to be rude, but are you British? It seems everywhere else it means “Offensively impolite or bad-mannered”. British, it can mean “Vigorous or hearty”. Off subject, but in England the words pants, torch, tube, and bonnet (and many more words) have different meaning then here in the US.

1 Like

Rude has the same root as “ruddy”, which is still used occasionally in the States.

2 Likes

No, Howard, I am Celt/Lancashire/Manx - Without being impolite, most of my friends and family use this term to mean as I have used it including friends in Aussie land. Perhaps it is not a term used across the pond. As @cliffsloane points out it has the same roots as ruddy, which also can be used in the term ruddy complexion or rosy complexion, as in rosy cheeks which are a sign of good health.

2 Likes

I have seen many times, through life, there will be a group, a club a small workforce in a regional area, things start going bad when a person starts rumors or starts bickering, thats all it takes sometimes if a couple more are unhappy, I have seen clubs and groups and a wonderful group of workers all get split up and things go to crap, just because some one stats rumors and then the bickering starts then you have to really get on top of it before it causes too much damage, the thing is with social media it can be done faster and with more viciousness, I have seen a couple of wonderful clubs fall apart recently because of simple bickering to start with. It is not hard for a larger organization with the resources and social media facilities,to throw doubt, about, to get rid of another organization, it does not happen over night but it can pull wonderful people and ideas to the 4 winds. Never make the mistake of saying, it cant happen to us.

5 Likes

Definitely, I have seen it many times as well. What I don’t understand in this case is, what are the motives behind spreading these rumors and saying such things? AFAIK, the individuals saying “Mint should go” are not involved directly with any other competing distros. So then why say such things? It doesn’t make sense other than to get clicks/views which is really sad.

I hope the Mint team have thick skins and don’t let this get to them. They’ve built a great distro - one of the best. And they deserve our support.

3 Likes