Motherboard Repair

Stellaris, one of the starfinder apps, has a mode where it locates trains of Starlink satellites as they move through the sky. I’m told that they can be seen on a clear night before they are boosted into their final, higher orbit. Folks in eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana are reportedly thrilled by the signal; probably that means that Canadians are similarly lucky. Don’t know when Elon will be inserting satellites in orbit over the southern hemisphere.

No sign of it yet.
Current satellite broadband in Aust. is badly affected by weather and by number of users sharing it.

Starlink’s coverage map shows it should be available throughout Australia. Have you checked availability for your address with starlink.com?

You are right, it is available. $450 for hardware to get started. That is expensive but would be worth it for remote locations with no alternatives.
In Australia people at isolated locations depend on internet for important things like medical consultations and schooling. Getting enough speed to have video is basic to those services.

1 Like

If I were a thousand klicks from civilization, I’d be in the waiting list for Starlink. As much as Musk repels me, this service could be a real godsend for the remotest of us.

3 Likes