Mow and tell (15 characters)

I read that catalytic converters on diesels need to be routinely cleaned… and they only last about 10 years.

1 Like

I have never heard of cleaning cat converters on diesels… both my wife and I drive diesel cars fiat and Renault and both are 15 years old, no suggestion from the garage to do either.

Should we change to electric NO
No charge points in our village, closest is 10 km in lidl and always a long wait. Plus we visit family over 600 km away or airport 400 km round trip with no charge at airport long term parking

Every year talk is about installing charge points in our centre, but where, who controls it or moves the cars after charged to give to someone else, but also who pays … several park the car close to the apartments and run a cable across paths on long adapter’s not safe !

Just waiting for someone to plug into a common area by our garages as plugs there are free for garage owners and small diy projects.

No charge points within 15k of us.
It costs a fortune to put in a fast charge point at home
It only makes sense for light vehicles with no payload
None of the electric vehicles marketed here have a spare tyre… they use that space for the battery
There have been fires with Lithium batteries
The technology has a long way to go

Hi Neville,

Sometimes, I can not find the problem and the workaround is the solution for me.

Have a good day.
Howard

1 Like

We all do that… hopefully only when necessary