Once, too many, times - I warned you Mozilla!

jrmwalsh, I was just now making a summary of “all” the situations I have had to fix in my device, i intent to keep that summary at hand.
Yes, it’s a problem to forget the actions necessary to fix them again.
I try to take tips from this discussions about a subject i must take care of… like diasabling the auto update of FF…
Then, thanks to all of you for all different points of view about a subject…

1 Like

Let us all know about it when you are done,.

Thank you

Just to add my two bob’s worth : my future Ubuntu builds will involve me finding one of my computers that has firefox “installed” at ~/sbin/f–kedfox/ and rsync that folder to the new computer build… then I can update, when, and if, I choose…

It’s been a shock/horror fortnight or two - with Adobe telling ALL flash installs they can no longer run Flash - that’s been a bit nightmarish for many VMWare sysadmins (I’m kinda / sorta a VMware ESX/vSphere “admin”) - everyone has now been forced to use the HTML5 version of vSphere - and it’s kinda ugly and seems less functional than the Flash version… oh well, can’t have everything… gotta edit/delete all the bookmarks across about 20 or so jump servers (Windows) I use for egress into customer environments (some of them nested three layers of RDP deep)…

1 Like