Peppermint Devuan install issues

That is what is on my Peppermint install!! No Xdaily!!!

Update!!! I found your Xdaily, it is in the Peppermint Hub!!!

1 Like

That sounds like it, but why is yours different?
did you look where @Daniel_Phillips said?

That button does the same thing as apt update && apt upgrade!!!

Yes exactly. It adds a few pretty colors.
They are scraping the barrel for new ideas…

I am so used to Gentoo, that I would rather type my commands!!! Ubuntu based distros are trying to idiot-proof basic Linux maintenance.
BTW, something I have been wanting to ask about Gentoo, do you use or have you ever used cron.
I had so many issues with permissions, I finally removed Peppermint, will try to rebuild!!!

OK I rebuilt Peppermint and did the VM install to the SDD drive, install went much better and faster!!! The only weird thing, so far with Peppermint, is with the shared folder and drag and drop.
The sf_shared folder will auto show but can only be mounted with the mount -t options and some files in the shared folder can only be opened, by running Thunar as root. On the other hand, drag and drop works fine.

My Gentoo VM does all this, without any issue, without all the fancy Peppermint software. Sorry but Gentoo wins, for myself!!!

Rarely.
There is an instance in the virt-manager topic where we used it to start a pricess at boot time

Setting up crontab to do a mount on reboot

The following steps are needed in the guest system

setup a virtiofs mount as in reply No 3.make sure the cron daemon is runningmake a script file to do the mount

#! /bin/bash mount -t virtiofs mount-tag /mnt/mymount 

call the file mountscript.sh

put the script file somewhere like ~/bin

make the script file executable

as superuser, edit the system-wide crontab file /etc/crontab with any text editor, and add the line

@reboot root /path/to/mountscript.sh Reboot and it should mount automatically

I have never used it at any time other than boot.
There is also anacron which works better than cron if you turn your computer off.

1 Like

Think I will hold off with that experiment!!!