Please introduce yourself

if you remove that space between the @ and Jimany, the board will let them know you mentioned them :slight_smile: like @Flyboy

1 Like

Dear Abhishek (toroop),

Welcome to the community. I had tested OpenERP (now Odoo) and found to be more adaptive for Indian Government way of functioning. I wish Odoo is widely used in India. All the best.

2 Likes

Dear Sparky,

Welcome to the community.

I did use SCO Unix and Xenix. We had a Xenix server connected with dumb terminals (tty 220d). One of the word processor we were using was ‘lynx’. It was so flexible, fast and did its job very efficiently. I would like to know, whether ‘lynx’ (word processor) is available in any other name under Linux?

Thanks and Regards.

1 Like

DUH !!!

@01101111 Yep just a typo, but thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Probably not - but “Wordgrinder” is a pretty neat console / text based wordprocessor…

1 Like
  • Name - Jim
  • Country of residence - Brampton a small village in Cambridgeshire.
  • What do you do? - PFPE inspector and Warehouse Technician
  • Linux users since? - 12.04 so sometime in 2012
  • Main distribution you are using - Linux Mint 19.1 on my main system and Elementary on my laptop, also have a Chromebook! - Have used Zorin & Lite
  • How long have you been following It’s FOSS? 3 years
  • What do you expect from It’s FOSS Community? Fun, knowledge, help, information all of those to be shared and received!

Hi everyone!

5 Likes

Hello @jimthetripodman and welcome to the forum

What do you expect from It’s FOSS Community? Fun, knowledge, help, information all of those to be shared and received!

That is possible :sunglasses:

Hi Jim
Welcome to our community. 7 years a Linux user so you will have plenty of experience to share. So when you feel comfortable doing so then share away with us.

Hello jimthetripodman Welcome Aboard.

1 Like

William or Bill
United States
NOTHING retired
maybe 10 years
was ubuntu not mint 19
maybe a year
some help
I only use comput to read emails and search the net not very knowledgeable about linux but I try

4 Likes

Welcome to our community. Hope you enjoy what you see here. We’re all learning and sharing so feel free to share if you want to do so.

2 Likes

Hello shedidit and Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@shedidit

Welcome to to the forum, if you need advice, you are in the right place.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello all,
I’ve been following along for a bit now, but had yet to post anything.
I’m Manda, from the US, and working in the electronic publishing industry (QA, testing, workflow). Although I have dabbled with Linux here and there since the early 2000s, I only recently converted in 2017. Kubuntu & KDE-Fedora have been my happy distros, so far.
Thanks for creating this community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Manda. Feel free to share your experiences and ask any questions and contribute to threads.

3 Likes

Hello my name is Poly and I live in the U.S.A.
I am retired but now spend my time inventing, researching wide variety of topics from Linux / creating a Linux image to aquaponics to tiny houses to ??? and I am also a homeschooling parent.
I am not a solid user of Linux yet but have been (nicely) bitten by the penguin through playing with Raspian on my children’s Raspberry Pi few years back. Goal for 2019 is to convert my LT to Ubuntu and building an exciting image of fun useful programs. I am looking to introduce / convert my children to Linux as well.
Have been following It’s FOSS for several years, probably since I started playing with the Raspberry Pi.
From the It’s FOSS community I will probably not be responding to much but will be reading much to learn much. I may be asking some questions from time to time, like what does the community feel is the best free “student-focused” CAD/FEA. . . programs for Ubuntu (so many choices to choose from - uggh)?
Thanks and blessings to Abhishek and all in the It’s FOSS community!

6 Likes

@PAE3

Welcome to It’S Foss community, you’ve come to the right place to ask questions about various aspects of Linux, that interest or need to be fleshed out, to improve your understanding.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome to our community. Remember all questions are welcome here as they help the knowledge of our whole community. We are all learning all the time. Reading is a good thing as you might find an answer to something, before you ask it.

3 Likes

I think that you tried to telephone me recently about Loglan. The phone number you left didnt parse :slight_smile: This is Randall Holmes.

Welcome to our community - hope you enjoy your stay with us

3 Likes