Possible problem with dual-boot/secure-boot

A 1tb 5400rpm sata drive is why that laptop is so slow. W10 Home or W10 Pro on an SSD and it would be a totally different machine. All my machines are using SSD boot drives and spinner drives for data storage.

1 Like

@4dandl4:
@Akito:
Thanks again for your renewed input.

Theoretically I could provide that info. I´d have to do it myself however. I cannot for the life of me get my friend to turn on her laptop by herself.
And as she lives quite a bit away from me (as already mentioned) that might take a while.

Following your explanations as far as the slowness of the laptop is concerned I see now that

Well, I´ll be blessed. I´d never had thought that a brand-new HP-laptop would struggle with that.
She bought it from Lidl (https://www.lidl.de/de/hp-15-db0400ng-laptop/p291612 ) for 299 €.
The price should be reasonable she thought.
Plus she didn´t want to spend more money because she had made a bad buy before: the purchase of a tablet instead of a laptop. She hadn´t contacted me before and thus was forced to sell the tablet for 100 € less than the original price. That´s the background.

So having worked out that the HDD is the bottleneck there´s no denying that a Linux distro which is light on resources should be the better choice, I think. :sweat_smile:

If nothing else helps and secure boot (all by itself :grey_question:) gets re-enabled once more I´d probably want to put a Linux distro as a single OS on that machine.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your help.
Greetings.
Rosika :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like