Switching fibre from copper internet connection

how are your upload speeds?

Averaging between 19 and 25mbps at the moment

nice. mine on ethernet with copper is just below 12 :turtle:

Cord, from what we’ve been told copper is dying and soon everyone will have to migrate, this is the case on the Isle of Man. I don’t know how true it is. France I think is now all fibre and have speeds of over 1GB now. With my health problems I don’t want my wife never to be able to have the internet if she needs it and getting in early means that as things progress it won’t be as expensive for us to up grade

that sounds about right. as some others have commented, it seems to roll out a bit slower here in the states. i found one website that listed a phone company/internet provider who has fiber and there are some posts on our local reddit about google expanding fiber coverage, but when i signed up for internet last year i only had one option in the older/ish apartment building i live in provided by an internet outfit that has copper with a side of horrible customer service.

at this point i will take what i can get for my daily dose of netflix and discussion boards. i don’t have much issue with the speed for what i do in general anyways. i can wait for the upgrade :slight_smile: