Tomcat based terminal server application

Europe doesn’t even know what that is, anymore. :laughing:

Putin’s brainfarts?

In other news, I suffered several brain farts myself last night - I should have known better - but TWICE over the last 12-18 hours I’ve trusted websites and git repos and both times the MORON who wrote them FUCKED ME OVER!

ONE :
Some dickhead wrote a shell script supposedly to customise PocketCHIP home screen interface - but - all it gave me was a black screen with an X11 cursor - and - NO backout or uninstall - several times I wrote rude comments on his shite git repo, but thought better of it.

Given all that CHIP shit has been out of maintenance for 4 years, and EOL 5 years ago when the company went under - the old way of flashing images to the NAND storage is broken (latest fastboot implementations incompatible with hardcoded switches in all the shell scripts).

So - how did I fix it? I had to hook it (PocketCHIP in FEL mode) up to my Pi3 running Stretch - and use the CHIP tools (e.g. sunxi, uboot, fastboot) from there - I have an SD-Card somewhere with Jessie for Pi3 to do this - but managed to get it to work on this Stretch instance (it’s the one that runs my TVHeadend free to air TV streaming).

TWO :
That “nativefier” stuff - suggested running “npm install -g nativefier” - so I blindly stupidly MORONICALLY just went ahead and did that on my Mac - 'cause I wanted a portable webapp for that Azure RDP gateway/portal on MacOS too - that PIECE OF SHIT (npm install) trashed my whole homebrew (homebrew/brew is like choclatey for Windows - i.e. platform to install NIX tools on MacOS that Apple are too lazy or stingy to provide). COMPLETELY HOSED my homebrew setup! Thanks! I needed that :angry:

You’d a thunk I’d a learned by now … but no… And now I’ve got SEVENTY-F_CKING-FOUR brew packages to re-install…

history |grep brew  |awk '{print $4}'|grep -v "^$" |sort -n |uniq > SHiTC_NTLIST

for SHiTC_NT in $(cat SHiTC_NTLIST) ; do brew install $SHiTC_NT ; done

It’s my party, and I’ll swear if I want to :smiley: :angry:

Just tried out Windows version of virtual desktops - BOY is it lame and clunky and cumbersome compared to Gnome 3 and 4 (I don’t know what it’s like in other DE’s) and MacOS…

It’s so cumbersome - I don’t think I’ll use it… In Gnome every window has the option to move it to another virtual desktop… In MacOS when I full screen an application - it automatically gets its own desktop and I can three finger swiple left or right (or two finger swipe on an Apple Magic Mouse) and - it’s so smooth and seamless… and it’s the same in Gnome on Wayland (but I can’t use it 'cause of f–king Synergy taking license fees off customers, promising Wayland was on their radar in 2014, but they’ve sat on their hands ever since).

Maybe they fixed Virtual Desktops in Windows 11? It feels like a kludgefix temporary stopgap “lets play catch up” in Windows 10 anyway…

2 Likes