Upgrade to Ubuntu 18 will not boot

A new suggestion: Try switch to the HDMI port your monitor
( Hdmi handles only 30 hz refresh rate ). Ubuntu have some
problems with high resolutions.

@Jimany Glad that our community has helped you with getting the answer . If this is now solved can you mark it solved now and with the answer which solved it for you please? It makes it easier for others to see that it has been and what the answer was. It also helps we Moderators when we are keeping an eye on things to see what has been solved and what hasn’t - Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @Jimany :+1: I have edited it so it shows it has been solved in the the thread headline, by removing the not solved part. You did the correct thing by ticking the answer that helped to solve it for you.

1 Like

Although I had problems directly installing Ubuntu 19 on one PC I inadvertently found a way to install it on the PC that froze everytime I did the install on that PC. I took the hard drive from the problem PC and connected it to one of my PC’s that did have 18 running on it. Then disconnected that PC’s hard drive and installed Ubuntu 18 on the hard drive from the problem PC. Then took that hard drive and placed it into the PC that froze each time I installed Ubuntu 18 on it. It runs fine now with Ubuntu 18 on it. Do not know why this method works but you might want to try it

I am posting this reply from my old HP G60 laptop with Trisquel installed but booting from Linux Format Tails 3.5 distro 64-bit .
So guess I’m live. This distro fails when attempting to boot using F12 navigation on Dell (ubuntu 16 dual boot Win10) selecting the DVD drive; yet here we are running fine from DVD in the old girl HP! :cupid:
Great to see whilst using Tor browser on our site that pre installed NoScript has no issues.
Learned something whilst browsing with Tor and DuckDuckGo that a very popular UK store’s website flagged up a warning when I maximised the window: WARNING this website is recording your screen sizeto help identify or recognise you! - :cold_face:
Perhaps start a fresh topic on Tails 4.2.2 when I get it on a USB.
Love everything about Tails so far. Love Tor :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: