Using a Live USB while traveling

This is Thailand, not China. You can’t just say “Asia will spy on you”. I doubt the technical expertise is there (yet). We do tend to censor our comments on political events, but so do many Americans.

As you can see, I’m on your side. It’s just that some Americans here live in a dream world, thinking the USA is great or something.

Hey - not sure if this will help you or not… I haven’t done any “travelling” for at least 5 years…

But - sometimes I do the “road warrior” thing where I have to go to a data centre, or a computer room at a remote site…

I have a USB-C “NextDock” (2.0) - it’s a dock I can hook up my Samsung (with DeX) and use the “Desktop EXperience” version of Android that Samsung’s geniuses (sarcasm) consider an acceptable user experience.

Anyway - it’s passingly usable - I can RDP (either direct to a Windows machine, or via an RD gateway or Azure Portal), Citrix to remote machines… Use my phone like it’s a desktop… I’ve got TermUX install - so - I can even use VI and edit text files… Many apps work quite well in DeX…

So - I like this so much, now I’ve started going back into the office, I keep a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and a cheapish 15" USB C monitor (DeX compatible) in my locker so I can use my phone as a desktop when I’m in the office (I keep the NextDock at home).

The great thing about this monitor I keep at work, just like the NextDock, so long as it’s powered, it can also keep the Samsung handset charged (in my case it’s a Galaxy S9+)… The NextDock actually has it’s own battery…

The 15" FHD USB C monitor was only around $200 AUD on e-bay, and I already had the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse (few years ago - maybe $80 for both?)/… i.e. use your phone as a computer?

Otherwise - I think someone else suggested a tablet and 3G? Me? I don’t think I’d trust any such reputedly dodgy wifi or ethernet… and on a holiday, I’d be quite happy with the airgap solution…

Yeah - yeah - I hate Samsung… I hate Google, but I live in the real world… these are things I have to use to keep my job… either that or an iPhone and bugger that!