ZorinOS Paid Support FAIL

Again, can’t strictly agree with that. This is usually only needed in the case a huge user error happened. In all these years setting up hundreds of OSes, this only happened once when I apparently didn’t see the checkmark for ‘Check if you want to format the whole hard drive before installation’ and everything was seemingly deleted. All the other times I had issues was related to some kind of user error. The only times the scenario could fit and the user would be not directly at fault, the hard drive would need to be broken without earlier notice. Though, if your hard drive already corrupts data in this way, you should replace it immediately, anyway.

I am really baffled that you are willing to go on a mini-crusade against some small company doing some business with their own Linux distribution.

Now let’s be honest:
There is Goggle, faceshit, Microshit, Uni Lever, Tencent, Alibaba and many other HUUUUUGE companies in the world that make your life worse every single day but you decide to keep riding on a small Linux related company, because of some experience, that frankly is most probably caused by the user himself.

I don’t get that, at all.

Again, really bad judgement. Linux Mint/Ubuntu, etc. is the most famous distribution of GNU/Linux in the whole world. There is no way to justify a comparison between their stuff and some little group’s stuff. Especially since Linux Mint was basically just a Hipster Ubuntu, so they didn’t even do much work, as most of it was already done and finished within Ubuntu, in the first place.

https://distrowatch.com/

Look at the top 5 distributions. See also which were the top 5 in the last 10 years. Linux Mint is one of the top distributions. ZorinOS is just some minor stuff that is trying to battle big enemies.

The year 2010 shows it also well. Mint was 3rd place, while Zorin was place 41.

Because of all the reasons portraited in my posts, I disapprove this statement.

1 Like