ZorinOS Paid Support FAIL

It is also true that if something bad happens, you see it in every news and everyone screams about it. But if something good happens, you hear crickets, at best…

2 Likes

Some good data processing practices.

1. Backup your data / files.
  2. Know how to restore your system. Do trial run.
  3. Know / store your software keys in a safe place.
    (If you don’t know your Windows keys, there is Free software out there that you give you that info.)
  4. Look before you leap. Zorin is Free. There is no need to paid for the software.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe the first time I try my Free copy of Zorin it wiped out my Win boot area too. Win 10 boot was in the old format of MBR and Zorin made the boot area UEFI format. It’s been awhile back, but I believe that’s what happen. But no BIG deal. I got out my backup and restored Win 10 in a matter of a few minutes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Backup your system and data. Believe me, it will save your ass on day. One more time,
    --------> Backup!

I once told my Systems group, that were also answering the help line calls, that when the call level was low (ie: very few problems) that the silence was their applause.

2 Likes

As far as clobbering your Boot. Yup, that’s what happen to me also I believe. And in addition, I think it clobbered the block at the beginning of the Windows partition. As even when booting the drive off another PC, I could never access it. I used an external drive enclosure and the recovery software I bought to get my data.

As far as Zorin is “free,” indeed it is. And if you are going to use it, then do it that way and don’t give them a dime for “fake” install support. But their “come on” is we help you with install. And I being somewhat new to dual boot systems world decided it was worth $39 as it would help me avoid a learning curve. And I wanted help to setup other things like F/W, tether to my phone, and make sure touch screen was all working. Seemed like a fair price to pay to get that kind of install help for $39.

To your second point: backup, indeed!!!

And after two successful dual boots with Linux Mint and no issues, I’m a fan. And it was free also. Zorin OS Never!!!

Others have said Zorin has responded within 24 hours for problems. Zorin itself says no support besides install and that on only one computer. So, that others have gotten support after paying Zorin nothing is something I doubt others will experience in future as they apparently others say they have in past.

1 Like