Advice for OS needed

To quote Mina - “Despite being a bit tired of the constant advertising…"
And other moderator getting perturbed…

we now have … #150 above

it makes a lot of sense to have their two main distributions (ubuntu + mint) as categories.”

I am also very tired of the constant advertising of ubuntu and mint and find this duplicity, hypocrisy and double standards quite amusing… add on 124 x Howard and all the Fanboys it starts to challenge Fawlty Towers and Monty Python… :rofl:

Even more amusing… :joy: "being as newcomer-friendly as possible…” :rofl:
What :flushed: ubuntu newcomer-friendly as possible… :confounded: :scream: priceless… :rofl:
Hilarious… funniest thing I’ve read on it’sFOSS
Who would want to start out with ubuntu-20 with all sorts of issues “very heavy on resources” - eating up CPU and RAM making it so slow, even with 6GiB RAM. Visitor rating 7.5 Distractions and gliches too… what a pile of Cr4p for a beginner to contend with…?
I should know - started out with ubuntu 16.04 LTS which I have just wiped from my Dell E6420 along with Win10-Pro. Should have done this 12 months back.

Guess what I have installed, visitor rating 8.7 (Wife; Maggie uses it too for banking - emails etc; we are both OAPs) - just to see how fast it is, before checking out Parabola - based on the Arch distribution, Parabola is a complete, user-friendly operating system, suitable for general “everyday” use, while retaining Arch’s “power-user” charm. Or some other Arch distro perhaps…?

Thanks for the good fun - take extra care to stay safe :mask:

Edit: Just dived in to repeat the ubuntu test with Trisqel v9 on the same Dell E6420 laptop…

As ALL can see 1.0GiB RAM (ubuntu 1.7GiB) so ubuntu grabs 70% more resource and 15% av CPU with ubuntu 20%.
This confirms DistroWatch’s findings - ubuntu is SLOW whereas they found Trisquel was highly responsive. As for ease of use there is just no comparison…

1 Like