Advice for OS needed

It’s certainly the former. KDE comes with Dolphin as default which looks pretty nice, but I prefer others. Last October we were discussing file managers in this forum:

I then pointed out that my personal favourite was krusader

So, when I say, I like KDE, it’s for a variety of reasons:

• It combines great looks with the ability to fine-tune almost any aspect of its looks and behaviour.
  • Most properties can be changed easily through menus whilst you still have the option to edit config files manually for an even deeper level of control.
  • It is very mature, stable and rather efficient when it comes to using resources.
  • It comes with a lot of handy tools preinstalled, like KDEConnect which makes interaction between your mobile and your Linux computer a piece of cake.
  • It was, in my view, the first successful attempt to create a Linux desktop suitable for not-too-techy users.
  • Its developers’ contribution to the FOSS universe has been incredible:
    • It greatly popularized Trolltech’s Qt framework which finally made the development of well-looking and modern X11 apps a real thing.
    • Its very own rendering machine KHTML for the then default web-browser and file manager Konqueror became the base for webkit which then became the core for all modern browsers’ except Firefox’s rendering engines.
1 Like