Blog/Tutorial To Run/Execute Zoom as Host

Hello

I’ve already read the following tutorial about Zoom

Valuable as usual, but it is based as a client.

Could you consider in write/create one but being the host?

Normally I use Zoom as host in Windows 10. And each time the app starts it opens a dialog window requesting the user to accept (do click at a button) to execute Zoom. Furthermore when the session is closed appears a dialog window offering the option to update.

So I am not sure how it is handled on Linux. Mostly on Ubuntu.

Have used Zoom as client too. Never hosted meetings with it. Will have to try and see how it goes.

Consider it a work (tutorial) in progress :wink:

1 Like

That could be because your installed Zoom version is old. You should update it. And to do that, you need to download the new deb version, uninstall the existing and then install the new one.

Could you share a screenshot please?

Hello @abhishek

Have used Zoom as client too. Never hosted meetings with it. Will have to try and see how it goes.

Huge thanks in advance!!!

Consider it a work (tutorial) in progress

A cold beer to you!

That could be because your installed Zoom version is old. You should update it. And to do that, you need to download the new deb version, uninstall the existing and then install the new one.

Agree, but because I am right now giving classes I want avoid for any reason have a kind of conflict…

Could you share a screenshot please?

Of course, for tomorrow it is going to be available, just today in the night I have classes … I will take that point of time to take a screenshot.

Thanks!

Hello @abhishek

Here as follows the Figures (if they are too big is because Paint on Windows 10 works in that way)

When the Meeting is started appears:

Therefore I press the Open Zoom Meetings to work in peace. It opens two windows

• One for the Meeting itself
  • Two the shown just below

but if I try to close it, it attempts to close the Meeting by complete, therefore I move that to other Desktop. Is mandatory keep it open

Finally when the meeting is closed manually through the main (One) window then the meeting closes as expected and appears the following

HTH

Therefore the point is how these steps are reflect/behave in Ubuntu/Fedora

Thank You