Bluetooth NOT working, after Upgrading to Ubuntu 18.04 from Ubuntu 16.04

I am using Dell Latitude 3460 Laptop, before I have used Ubuntu 16.04 then I have upgraded it to 18.04. Then the bluetooth has stopped working. I am not able to connect it to any device using bluetooth. It doesn’t discovering the bluetooth devices.I want to connect it to bluetooth speakers.

I have tried some other sites using google nothing worked.
If anyone can solve this please respond.

0 Likes

Jump into command line. Use the command:

bluetoothctl

And then, turn the scan on:

scan on

see if it recognizes your bluetooth speaker or any bluetooth device. If yes, use command pair with mac address of the bluetooth device.

0 Likes

I’m having the same issue - I know the bluetooth adapter is in there because I installed it :slight_smile: At the time I was running Mint 18.3 and it worked great! I was able to connect with my wireless headphones no problem.

But I have been experimenting with different distros and was never able to get it working again with new installs - I’ve been through Fedora, Ubuntu, and Mint 19. The bluetooth manager freezes. I tried bluetoothctl just now but the cursor has been blinking on the prompt “waiting to connect to bluetoothd…” for about 10 minutes, no result.

I have also tried uninstalling the native Blueberry package and using Blueman, but that gave me the same result. Is there a next step for resolving this connection error with the bluetooth adapter?

I’m on a Dell Latitude E5530 currently dual booting Ubuntu 18.04 and Mint 19. Thanks!!

1 Like

The module already was loaded ?
Already searched in system configuration ?
Already strong googled in problem correction ?
Make this asks for own … :sunglasses:

0 Likes

Hi 76ron - I have done a fair amount of DuckDuckGoing researching this problem and this forum was the first time anyone seemed to be having the same issues. I’m a relatively new Linux user, so if you have any more detailed pointers I’m happy to learn! Do you have suggestions for where best to learn about loading modules or searching the system configuration?

1 Like