Bootable USB creator for Ubuntu

Yes, check here

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.9.0.exe

I just discovered ventoy. It’s new, and needs the 5.4 kernel to make a exFAT partition. So I had to download Kubuntu to get it to work! Anyhow, it’s easy to set up, and you can put multiple ISOs on a flash drive, which is nice. Just copy the downloaded ISO and a menu picks which to run. ventoy.net.

… ideally one that makes a ZFS on USB-3 bootable :wink:

Do you know why
Unetbootin dsisapeared after 18 ?

There is an amazing new boot creator out, called Ventoy. Just prepare the USB flash drive, and you can copy the ISO’s as they are. You can put as many as you want.

Thanks @oulik.jan
I’ll take a look at this.
Did you try iy yourself ?

Is there in GB a minimum size for the drive ?

I am using it a lot now. it is the multiboot manager of my choice. The site says no limit, I have tried several old 16GB flash drives and I am using GPT partition scheme with secure boot for new machines and MBR for old machines. So far it works very well for me. The IS’s is a mix of Linux OS, rescue OS, GParted live, Clonezilla, Resdorescue, Hirens BootCD etc.

Also, the oldest laptop I have booted and installed Sparky Linux 32 bit non-pae was a Celeron M notebook from 2006.

The flash drive has 7 or 8 different ISO’s on it. And if there is a new version of ISO coming out, just delete the old ISO and copy a new one.

You are absolutely right again @Akito .
The last notes I read on ventoy.net was :
Notes:
If your computer doesn’t have UEFI mode, or you have some problem to boot Ventoy LiveCD [ … ], you can use Rufus to write Ventoy LiveCD iso file to the USB drive and boot it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Use balenaEtcher for any Linux iso. The best tool I’d recommend for anyone. Please don’t expect Windows images to work. It’s available in appimage form, debian package, and also available for arch (via package manager)