Brave browser issue

Hi,

Tried the new Brave browser. It looks promising, but on my Kubuntu OS (20.04) it does not use the mouse pointer that I configured, instead it uses the default pointer. Is this a an issue of the application,
Can I do something to improve this behavior?

Thanks for trying…

reinstall it
delete and and download it again
and btw
which methoud u have used to download it?

Most Chromium based browsers implement their own cursor (much like propietary Operating Systems used to do - i.e. the cursor was in hardware - I think Motorola Macs did, and Commodore Amiga) - there’s nothing you can do about it - annoys the crap out of me - 'cause I always pick my own special cursor set (Comix series - because they have left handed ones - and - they have REALLY big ones that scale up well - and I have really crap eyesight [60 next year]) - and they do NOT work in Chromium or Chrome (and not Edge either, so I’m guessing not in Brave or Opera either)…

You might want to try turning off hardware acceleration and see if that makes a difference, but it probably won’t).
– update –

Note - I just noticed - I’m typing this in Chrome (Google Chrome) and it’s using my “ComixCursors-LH-Opaque-White” cursor theme in /usr/share/icons !!!

Maybe turn off hardware acceleration??? Pretty sure I do that when I install Google Chrome on Ubuntu… That’s odd…

Maybe install Google Chrome and see if it happens there too… Maybe Brave are building from an old tree of Chromium that implemented its own cursor? I haven’t tried Chromium for a while, not since Google blocked the sync API for non “Google Chrome” users of Chromium based browsers…

1 Like

I’ve no idea why this thread is showing as recent - when the last post, by me, in it, was nearly 12 months ago…

Anyway - it’s relevant… Brave has been shitting me off recently, can get super-sluggish on certain sites - and - I can see it chomping up vast swathes of my RAM and CPU (worse than Google Chrome)… So - I’m going to keep it around to play youtube videos (so I get no ads!), but I’m going to use Google Chrome for most of everything else - except, for work related stuff, where I’m going to use MS Edge (yes - on Linux)…

So - three Chromium based browsers…

Firefox? My local copy of Firefox ESR won’t run on Fedora - worked perfectly on Ubuntu…

Same.
I also saw this as recent…