Calendar recurrence

Hi, newbie here.
I’m trying to set up a recurring event in google calendar, and I have run up against a problem that is common to popular calendar apps. I need to create a recurring event, the third Sunday of November, every year. The best that I have found are scripts for the first or last day of the month, but that won’t cut it for me.
The popular calendars I have found cannot support day of the month. Does anyone know of a calendar that can create such custom repeats? Where should I look? Online or linux, I don’t care.

If can be online and you’re using Google calendar, Google calendar does what you want

1 Like

I just tried that again, obviously I’m missing something. Will you please elaborate?

Aha, I found it, thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

But not so quickly. I can select the third Sunday of every month, but how can I get the third Sunday of every November every year? G calendar seems unable to parse that out.

Hi @qrp,
Select repeat → custom
On the next window, you have several options.
Click on the “week” to see all options and then select “month”.
Now you have other option. Click on it and select “Monthly on the third Sunday”. and change " Repeat every 1 month" to “Repeat every 12 month”

1 Like

Thanks. It took a while to sink into my head, but I found the key was select Repeats every 12 months to make it an annual event.

1 Like