Can anyone recommend a Arch distro with a GUI installed by default?

From what I know, there is always a testing period for the official repositories. If you keep a littlebit of track of what is currently considered broken, you can wait out an update in the worst case and then, once it’s fixed, you can update again.

Otherwise, no such issues should arise, because the usual testing is usually sufficient for the official repositories.

1 Like

Probably, it was my error. From Ubuntu-based distributions, I’m used to install updates or upgrades right away when I get the notification.

With Arch, it might be wise to always check for the status.

I for one am quite pleased with Mint. It’s been VERY stable and fits my requirements nicely.
Over the years, I’ve grown limited on my desire to trouble shoot issues when I just want it to work.

3 Likes

Some important rules of using Arch Linux.

Always take backup of timeshift before updating arch distribution specially with core apps or put them in ignore list.
Bleeding edge packages need precaution.

3 Likes

Manjaro’s community test any updates before releasing them to the wild.
I did not update for at least two months, had a whopping 2GB of updates to come down and they installed flawlessly. I use Manjaro XFCE Edition for gaming on, dual booted with my everyday OS Linux Mint Ulyssa. I do not want the bleeding edge apps anyway, but yes go very careful with the AUR.

Sorry dude, but Debian is for the novices/chads(if you are a terminal dweller like me :stuck_out_tongue: ), and Arch is for the virgins. You got die hards Ubuntu and Mint. Though if you still want to do Arch, head to Manjaro/Garuda.

Actually, I then switched to EndeavourOS, which I like much more

Sorry for not replying sooner.
I did try a few distros mentioned and a few that were not, but did not like any of them, so I will be sticking with Debian.

Manjaro is technically not Arch Linux. It is a different kind of beast.

1 Like

Yes, but still has Arch qualities, like still uses cutting edge software, latest kernels, Pacman Terminal commands, it’s actually a hybrid of Arch. Can also be buggy for some but not for others, like any other Linux OS, depends on what the user intends to use it for?