Cannot establish ssh connection to a remote computer

Hi again, :wave:

Thanks so much for the confirmation.
In the beginning I was also using TeamViewer and was not really satisfied with it for a particular reason.

As I tend to sandbox almost everything with firejail (https://firejail.wordpress.com/ ) which BTW I consider to be a splendid programme (very well documented) I was of course trying to sandbox TeamViewer as well.
However it turned out to be the (hitherto) only programme that cannot be sandboxed the traditional way by TeamViewer. :slightly_frowning_face:

Child process initialized

Init…
XRandRWait: No value set. Using default.
XRandRWait: Started by user.
Checking setup…
Launching TeamViewer …
Starting network process (no daemon)
terminate called without an active exception
/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_exec: Zeile 95: 113 Abgebrochen “$TV_BIN_DIR/teamviewerd” -n -f
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI …

Doing some research on the matter I was led to the site Profile requests · Issue #825 · netblue30/firejail · GitHub where the problem is discussed.

The beginning of the explanation is something like:

But there’s a problem.
I’m not exactly sure how Teamviewer verifies the daemon is running (probably looking for a process?), but when I launch Teamviewer within firejail (even with --noprofile), it fails to detect that the daemon is already running (hence my suspicion that it is looking for a process - the new PID namespace would preclude it from detecting the daemon).

As a result I installed TeamViewer in a VM which worked well. But my friend (running WIN7 at the time) seemed to have some difficulties with it.
So we both decided to give Anydesk a try.

BTW: Anydesk can be perfectly sandboxed by firejail. No problem whatsoever. :smiley:

Yet I also installed anydesk on my VM which I run with the command
firejail --private anydesk
from within there. So I sandbox anydesk within my VM (which itself provides a secure environment). :wink: :laughing:

Thanks for the confirmation, Akito.

I can connect to my VM via ssh:
firejail ssh rosika2@192.168.122.76
That uses the local Ip address of course.

Many thanks once again and many greetings.
Rosika :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW:
I´ve got an additional question regarding anydesk:
see Anydesk - data usage

1 Like