Can't connect with CUPS server

I am unable to connect with CUPS server even though I have started the service and enabled it though the terminal. I’ve removed and reinstalled CUPS, I can’t add a printer until I connect with the server and I don’t understand what would block service.

When I had similar it was all to do with permissions. Can’t be more helpful but it’s somewhere to start🤞

I was manjaro kde, but plenty of searches would be relevant to you

I think you need to be a member of “lp” group to print. To manage printers be a member of “lpadmin”.
What’s the output of groups?
Do you see there “lp” or “lpadmin”?
If not, you could try
sudo usermod -a -G lpadmin yourusername
and try again to set up the printer.

Was able to give permissions to myself and then tried to add printer but no joy. Errors out with msg “CUPS server error
There was an error during the CUPS operation: server-error-internal-error.” at Describe Printer screen.

I have to manage a bunch of CUPS servers running on Oracle Linux 7…

A bunch of Linux applications (mostly Tomcat based and / or Java [i.e. both]) use CUPS printers across the whole state (i.e. IP printers at remote sites managed from CUPS)… Anyway the application people have to verify CUPS is working when they do their “daily health check” in the morning, via that admin Web UI on port 631… but they recently deployed a new VPN solution, and they’re on a new VLAN, and they could not access the CUPS Web UI from that new VLAN.

In /etc/cupsd.conf :

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location />
  Order allow,deny
  Allow localhost
  Allow NNN.nn.*.*
  Allow NN.nnn.*.*
</Location>

and so on throughout the file. Where “NN.nnn..” was the new VLAN for the VPN users are accessing the environment.

And also :

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
  Encryption IfRequested
  Order allow,deny
  Allow NNN.nn.*.*
  Allow NN.nnn.*.*
</Location>

Note: I tried 0.0.0.0 without success in test environment, but that didn’t work. Was going to try Allow ... but corporates tend to frown on this sort of thing, and “NN.nnn..” worked anyway…

I updated the CUPSd.conf with the a amended version (along other fixes) and the server internal error went away however, printer is not responding. I want to go with print driver error/corrupted cause my Android and Dell Laptop w/ Zorin O/S print to my Canon TR8520 just fine. By the way , If I didn’t say thank you; Thank You to ALL who helped. This is a link you might find useful http status code 403 - Trying to access Cups' web interface gives error 403 - Stack Overflow