I am a security consultant. I usually work with 3 notebooks as one is my work device and two others are client based devices that are a must have because of security policies and hardware separation. As such, RDP is not allowed on the devices. Even if it were, I have to present and presenting through RDP would be problematic.
One of my laptops just had a firmware bug that bricked it, similar to Framework’s notebook. So please no recommendations for framework.
I am looking for something that has a good ifixit score as I’d like to keep it for an extended period of time and even make some upgrades (SSD, RAM, Battery change) as needed.
I am looking for an ultra portable sub 13" notebook as my office has external monitors. The requirements are rather simple.
- Not a terrible CPU, nothing like a celeron, AMD preferred, but not a must. I will load linux and do browsing, some video uploads and recordings (with external cameras), sometimes play Nexiuz, but mostly use a browser and excel spreadsheets.
- 16 GB of ram or at least 1 slot for RAM. If needed, I will swap out 8GB RAM for a larger module.
- Ideally at least a single USB-C and USB slot
- Can be charged by USB-C …this should be standard these days. Self explanatory…
- Willing to put up with thicker models
- No obscure hardware from small or unusual companies. Must be easy to maintain and update.
- Ideally an 810 certification of some sort.
Or, let me know how else I can have access to 3 devices remotely without RDP and without a cloud solution. Traveling with 3 devices is really a pain. One of the notebooks is not chargable with USB-C which requires me to carry around a separate bag just because of the size of the additional charger…
I am looking to greatly downsize my footprint.