CUPS not working after Mint 20 Upgrade

I have tested the Linux Mint upgrade program supplied by Abishek in Virtualbox. I installed Mint 19.3 in a 4 thread, 4GB space running on an AMD Ryzen 7 - 2700x (4Ghz/thread) with video managed by a Radeon RX 560, 4GB.

I used the exact procedure supplied and found the following:

1. The upgrade from 19.3 to 20 happened correctly but, in the above mentioned configuration, took over 8 hours to complete. I don’t have an exact time since the upgrade paused in a number of places for periods of unknown length.

2. The Samba client operated as expected and found my Samba server without incident. I was able to attach to it exactly as expected and its operation was nominal.

3. CUPS doesn’t find my printer. The printer operated perfectly under 19.3, but CUPS will not see it, regardless of its previous operation or the fact that I can PING the printer on the expected address.

4. I wonder what else might be broken since CUPS is pooched.

As I wrote earlier, SAMBA and CUPS operation out of the box are rock-bottom minimum for me to accept a distro, no matter whose. The error I get when attempting to connect a printer is shown below.

I assume that this issue has leaked through from Ubuntu 20.04, but it needs fixed. I’ve done my due dilligence on this and hope that Mint can be persuaded to finish theirs.

Many thanks,

Steve