Disable Mouse Wheel Scrolling

[I thought this movie has ended. Little did I know that there is an important post-credit reveal which finally draws down the curtains. Read on…]

PS: So, I had decided that I’m going to “bin the sucker” (as suggested by one user here) i.e. my mouse, but then I thought let me make one last, comprehensive effort. So I unscrewed each and every component of my mouse, which could be done using a screwdriver, and dipped–literally dipped–the PCB into a cleaning solution (medical spirit). I left it dipped like that for about 30 minutes and then gently cleaned it up using an old discarded toothbrush.

After that, I left all the components outside, on an old broadsheet newspaper, to dry up, overnight. In the morning, the first thing I did was to blow hot air over the PCB, using my hairdryer and then re-fitted the mouse, as it originally was.

Lo and behold! It started working!! Of course the left click died long ago and I didn’t expect it to be revived, but all the other buttons, tracker LED etc. started working normally.

So dear brothers!! I am now confident that this mouse+keyboard combo will gloriously celebrate 10 anniversary of its purchase (Jun-2023).

YES! – HAHAHAHAH!

PPS: @shamu Same. Happy Holidays to you too!

2 Likes

Unbelievable! I mean you are! One of a kind guy!
Now you are gonna love this antique piece more then ever.
One more and final tip for you: If you want to make sure that you will celebrate the 10th anniversary, store your mouse in a nice, dry place and don’t use it until Jun 2023. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: