Dragon OS on tablet for SDR

Specifications

dmesg_$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S") dmesg --time-format iso .log -->

→ Add the output of inxi -Fxmz command here! sudo: inxi: command not foun
→ Add the output of for f in $(find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name 'dmesg*.log'); do echo "${f}"; printf '%s\n\n' "$(<"${f}")"; done command here!

First, install dependencies:

→ apt update
→ apt install -y dnsutils traceroute hping3 netcat tcpdump

→ ip a
→ ip route
→ traceroute 8.8.8.8
→ nslookup example.com

Additional Information (if applicable)

• Software title | (E.g. Nextcloud)
  • Software version | (E.g. softwarename -V)
  • Was the software title installed freshly or updated/migrated?

Steps to reproduce

Expected behaviour

Actual behaviour

Extra details

I am trying to find an inexpensive tablet for SDR using Dragon OS. This is for field use. It will need at least one preferbly more USB ports. I gather that this is not a typical question normally posted here.

If I was gonna do something like this - I’d probably go for a Surface from Microsoft, e.g. an older one cheap off e-bay or something - e.g. a Surface Pro 3 or 4 - can be wiped and Linux installed inplace of Windows.

I’d steer clear of Android focussed tablets, because many (most) of them won’t let you run a full linux system on them - and - the one solution that looked promising, JingPad with JingOS has “died” i.e. the company folded…

Pine have some solutions, but I had a bad experience with Pine and their initially kickstarter in 2016 - advertising themselves as “world’s first $16 super computer” (they were trying to ride on NTC CHIP’s marketing coattails "World’s first $9 computer), they were anything but “super” - could barely stay online via their USB power port… The HUGE difference between NTC and Pine, was that NTC had amazing support and tech help and managed the O/S, PINE just offered some SHONKY Linux builds leveraged off the Android kernel…

1 Like