Enjoyed your book. Amazon rejected my review. :(

I enjoyed your book. Unfortunately, Amazon rejected my review. I’ll try it again, but thank you for the book.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments…

My revew:

Short and sweet, more doing than reading, ie, the ideal way to learn bash
Sylain Leroux takes an excellent approach to teaching bash. And it is fun to work through the challenges. I think everyone working through this book will learn something, even experienced bashers…

1 Like

Concise, well-written review. Seems like the Amazon editor is lacking in reading skills.

Was this your first review?

I think it may have been my first review.

I always try to leave feedback for 3rd party sellers, especially if positive, but I think feedback and reviews are different things.

Do they have hoops to jump through before a purchaser is allowed to review a book?

It’s just logical behaviour if you are monitoring new customers more than old ones. You don’t know new customers and that’s why you have to double check their intentions and actions. I’m sure, if your account were older or if you would’ve written a lot of reviews, then you would have no problem leaving a review like that.

Hello Dan,

Thanks for taking time to review the book. Amazon probably is trying to stop fake reviews (there are way too many fake reviews) and incorrectly flagged your review through some sort of automated system.

While I cannot do anything on that part, I can surely appreciate the time and effort you invested in the review.

Thank you :slight_smile:

What book do you mean?

“Bash it Out!”

Here is Amazon’s rejection, followed by the review I wrote. I’m not sure how I violated Amazon’s guidelines.

"Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
Amazon Community Guidelines

Bash it Out!: Strengthen your Bash knowledge with 17 scripting challenges of varied difficulties 5-*"

"from dan on November 16, 2020

This is a good learning tool.

Short and sweet, more doing than reading, ie, the ideal way to learn bash
Sylain Leroux takes an excellent approach to teaching bash. And it is fun to work through the challenges. I think everyone working through this book will learn something, even experienced bashers.

I’m hoping the author bashes out another book. "

1 Like

Pretty sure the ‘experienced bashers’ is the problem.
I’ve had a lot of issuers with Amazon automated service for book reviews.
If there is ANYTHING remotely resembling promotion of violence it gets flagged but not checked by actual people.
The A.I. can’t take things in correct context.
There are quite a few other sites that have the same problem.
One motorcycle site won’t let you post ‘retard’ anywhere which is a PITA when your trying to tell someone how to set points ignition timing (you can advance and retard timing a few degrees by changing points gap )

1 Like

I see your review at
https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Sylvain-Leroux/dp/1521773262/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_CA=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Bash+it+Out!%3A&qid=1609919216&sr=8-1

And I will try to read the book on my computer.
Regards,

Anyone else got that book ?