Fedora 30 has been released

I am downloading Fedora 30 right now to give it a fresh try.

How about you?

3 Likes

I have just read your post which you linked to. It seems more Distros are using the 5 kernel with this being the latest one to do so. Be interested to see what you make of this version.

2 Likes

Maybe an interesting link for those who want to use Fedora 30 with GNOME + NVIDIA + Wayland:

How to enable EGLStreams on Fedora 29/30

2 Likes

Why they are not giving LTS like Ubuntu ? Is it wise to switch to Fedora from Ubuntu ?

1 Like

Never tried Fedora in the many years I’ve been using Linux. Perhaps it’s time to give it a look. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fedora is a great Distribution. But I would wait a week or so until rpmfusion catches up with the new kernel. My wifi has no driver ready for kernel 5.0 so will have to wait here for a bit. Fedora has a cutting edge philosophy so it has a quick release schedule and no LTS like ubuntu. But upgrades to the new release are quite easy. Good luck if you choose to give it a try. Bye the way Ubuntu 19.04 uses kernel 5.0 and my driver so far is not build-able against it.

1 Like

It is the driver that makes me worry. If we choose an Ubuntu LTS, we need not worry about this for at least 2 years.

1 Like

I am yet to try it on my Nvidia system. That link will be helpful.

1 Like

Live USB is a great tool for distro-testing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stick with the distro you like. There is no real need to switch distributions if it works for you.

2 Likes

+1 think we get into I’ve got to have the latest and greatest.

1 Like

I usually try out other distros using virtualbox, but that works too. :wink:

2 Likes