FsF Free software Foundation NVIDIA official disinformation

I feel the opposite, though I have to admit, I don’t have the most shiny new stuff in my PC.
I don’t use Wayland either.
But after switching from an AMD R9 380 to Nvidia GTX 1060 I felt like being in heaven.
I got both cards second hand, surely the Nvidia was newer, but I could change the cards with zero investment, because I could sell the AMD for the exact same money I needed to pay for the Nvidia (thanks to AMD enthusiasts :rofl:)
Result was less maximal power requirement (120W vs 190W), installing/upgrading (proprietary) drivers was as easy as “apt upgrade”, versus the AMD, for which I had to run their install script, which surely failed if there was an earlier version installed - leaving the system (Linux Mint that time) in a strange state, where the new drivers still not completely installed, but the old ones already partly removed…
But the real huge(!!!) benefit was that I got NVenc.
With NVenc I can transcode my DNxHD output from DR to h.264 with 150…270 fps (it could be probably even faster if I had faster storage, as the bottleneck is reading DNxHD from the disk).
I’m aware ov AMD’s VCE, but I’m not sure it works under Linux?
So I don’t think NVidia sucks so much under Linux. For me it works quite good.
I read there was some problem, when 5.10 kernel came, and Nvidia drivers stopped to work properly…
It took few weeks for Nvidia to update their drivers, so that it now supports 5.10 kernel.
(Correct me, if I’m wrong, I’m still on 4.19 kernel, so don’t know for sure exactly.)