Google everywhere How to STOP

Hello @nevj

When I hopped over to Netrunner KDE OS ( for a little while )they had in their repo, trying really hard to remember,
Something vaguely worded Firefox Netrunner Adjustments yeah I Know, when menory fails it fails
Change the toolbar bang it would revert upon reboot
add addons bang gone on reboot
If you didn’t know of it aagghh was a mild reaction and they still have that (AFAIK) .

Why did I mention that well I’m saying their would have something somewhere that you if found could attack it with the terminal.

We live in Hope :pray:

Regards
artytux

I do have addons . Will check

I enjoy look up different issues help with the learning .
of interest but does this help.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Firefox#Hardware_video_acceleration

Cheers
artytux

Yes it explains a few things I know nothing about
Arch docs really are more in depth than most others.

Hey @nevj
Could I suggest
Just follow along the examples ( that’s what I do )
sometimes it will highlight an area that I was previously overlooking,
more than once I got frustrated with the Arch Wiki only to then to find a one or more commands that worked.
It’s Linux nothing to lose if you have backup (TimeShift)

Cheers
artytux

1 Like

Yes, that is also my experience, referring to Linux Mint and Zorin OS.

Frank in county Wicklow -Ireland

2 Likes

Tux has to behave, he cannot run just waddle.

Cheers
artytux

2 Likes

Well, it’s not Linux but Firefox. Never happens with Brave.

I never even tried those. There is always a black sheep in the family…I only test distros that offer live iso, I don’t like surprises.

2 Likes

That poor thing… :rofl:

1 Like

Its harsh reality but we have to accept it that now a days Google is everywhere.

Hello @Eron
It boils down to they played a major part in giving all of us all the info, help and advice you could ever need or want from anywhere at just a few clicks, HUH for free.
It seemed to good to be true mm.
Back then I don’t think any-one saw Mark Z as for what his business plan was going to end up as, and eventually cost us.

More importantly
Welcome to the It’s Foss community

Regards
artytux

1 Like

Welcome @Eron ,
Google really is a minor problem. Enjoy all the useful things Google contributes, and just ignord thd rest.
Tell us about your Linux and what you use it for. People will suggest things for you to consider or try . You can learn lots from itsFOSS but you need to put something in too.
Read some of the articles, as well as the forum posts

Regards
Neville

2 Likes

Behind the scenes: if you get a good service or or a good product for free, then YOU are the ware.
:wink:
Actually, if you use a google pruduct, you pay with your data for it.

1 Like

If you use GNU product, you pay for it by having to GPL any derived code. Few of us object to that.

1 Like

If you are a programmer, I think.
But if I’m a painter with Krita, or GIMP, or I’m a writer using LO Writer, or a photographer using Raw Therapee/GIMP, or a musician using Musescore/Audacity/Ardour, the creations don’t have to be GPL.
:wink:

1 Like

No wonder, look where Tux spends his summer vacations!!! Freezing in Antarctica!!!

1 Like

I think he loves it there. I invited him here to sunny California, but he wouldn’t come. Turned me down. :penguin:

3 Likes

If Tux is a Black-Footed penguin. then He is already probably in sunny South Africa.

1 Like

Miniature “Fairy penguins” live and breed in Aust and NZ
https://www.penguins.org.au/discover/wildlife-conservation/nature-notes/little-penguins/
There is a breeding colony in Sydney harbour.

1 Like

So Tux is a Little Fairy penguin, did not know that!!! Thanks!!!