Happy 29th February

Ok this has nothing to do with computers, linux or technology

But to celebrate the 29th February you may want to pick up a copy of this newspaper

La Bougie du Sapeur - Wikipedia(French,world’s%20least%20frequently%20published%20newspaper.

Its only produced on the 29th so every 4 years, and if you want to subscribe its only 100 euros for the next 100 years editions.

Yes it really does exist not a joke.

And for those in couple beware of how you reply to questions on the 29th

Bachelor’s Day, sometimes known as Ladies’ Privilege,[1] is an Irish tradition by which women are allowed to propose to men on Leap Day, 29 February, based on a legend of Saint Bridget and Saint Patrick. It once had legal basis in Scotland and England.

Return to normal service on the 1st march …

2 Likes

This made me check any famous events that occurred on Leap Day. Of note:

A lunar eclipse saved explorer Christopher Columbus s life.

OTD in 1504: A lunar eclipse saved explorer Christopher Columbus's life.

Jamaican Indians were hostile on this day, but after the eclipse happened and the skies darkened. Indians surrendered and told Christopher Columbus they would cooperate with him so long as he restored the moon.

What a laugh!

Sheila Flanagan

3 Likes

He must have been from yorkshire.
Why
Someone once said let there be light, and the yorkshire man said… ^who is paying for the bloody electricity^
Joke ha ha ha

Thanks for the enlightenment

2 Likes

My first day on the job out of college was 2/29. I never had an anniversary there because I left somewhere around the three-and-a-half-year mark.

The next job was 10 years. So was the next one. My current job is a few months from 16 years.

3 Likes

My youngest daughter was due on or about 28 or 29/02 in 1992… but she was born a week late (she was happy in her amniotic sac)…

I often tease her that I wish she’d been born on 29/02/1992 (when she was due) - as she’d only be 8 this year…

1 Like

Must be really odd for anyone born on the 29th as to age

1 Like

We measure age (ie time) by counting things (like the sun)
moving past us.
But that is artificial. If we are locked in solitary confinement with nothing visible to count time, … we still age… and we still know we are ageing, because we remember the past, sense the present, and fear the future.

So our biological sense of time depends on having a memory.
Computers have a memory… can they sense time the way we do? I think not… because they lack self-awareness. Maybe
AI can help computers become self-aware?

What do you think?

2 Likes