Happy new year to all the FOSSome community members
If you read the last FOSS Weekly, I had asked for suggestions on what It’s FOSS should write and do more in 2024.
Here are a few thing that I’ll try to do with It’s FOSS in 2024:
- Organize more content into tutorial series formats (so that it is easy to follow a certain topic). A redesign for such pages in works.
- Create ‘getting started guides’ for more distros (we have Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Manjaro and Nix so far)
- Cover some basic AI and LLM topics (for the young students and those interested in it)
- More basic tutorials based on reader’s problems (like creating slideshow of images, using OBS screen recording, editing screenshots etc)
- Git and SSH (mainly for students)
- Experiment and explore more (LVM install, various kinds of dual boots, Zfs, Btrfs, Samba sharing etc)
- Raspberry Pi/SBCs and homelab/automation (for people who like to take matters into their hands)
- More video tutorials
Let’s see how much of it I can achieve by the end of the year
And if anyone wants to give me a helping hand, I am also going to revamp the community submission program. Which makes it easier for the community members to contribute their experience and expertise on It’s FOSS in tutorial/article format.
Here’s to an eventful 2024