How to create a windows 10 bootable usb flash drive in Linux PC

I have tried so many methods to create a windows 10 bootable flash drive on my Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1 without success.
I have tried it with Disks, Gparted, Etcher, Startup Disk Creator.
The only reason for it I am selling an old pc with windows 10, I hate Windows OS it sucks!!!
Please HELP
Thank you!

What exactly did you try to do? List every single step as detailed as possible.

I have my doubts if Linux will even run the W10 Media Creation Tool, which is needed to create a
bootable W10 flash drive. One might be able to download a W10 ISO and use Linux to burn it to a DVD
and use the DVD to install W10.

You can download and install WoeUSB

1 Like

I have my doubts if Linux will even run the W10 Media Creation Tool, which is needed to create a
bootable W10 flash drive. One might be able to download a W10 ISO and use Linux to burn it to a DVD
and use the DVD to install W10.

I am selling my old computer and the person want windows 10 pro to be installed on the pc

Did you try my above link to install the pkg?

@Adi_Werner

It seems like it is becoming pointless trying to make you help yourself, as you are not providing any of the requested information. If you do not explain, what exactly you have done, so we can conclude why exactly the process did not succeed, then you won’t step a single millimetre forward.

There are tons of tutorials out there, that explain precisely how to create a Windows 10 installer USB stick. They work.
If you can’t explain in what way it does not work for you, there is no point in trying to help you help yourself, since we wouldn’t be able to do that in the described case, anyway.

1 Like

Hello.
First of all, I would recommend that you point out all the advantages of using free software to the person buying your PC… :wink: :innocent:

I’m not sure what went wrong with your attempts to use some GUI tools (as @Akito mentioned, too less information), I would say they should’ve done the job, but anyway…

If that does not work out, you can try a typical “GNU/Linux” method of transfering the ISO to an USB:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/creating-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-stick-on-a-debian-linux/

Don’t forget to change the ISO name to whatever the filename of your Windows ISO is…
Haven’t tried this myself with Windows, it sure functions with GNU/Linux ISOs.

But be careful with dd, for it is a powerful (and therefor destructive) tool.

Greetings
Fast Edi

1 Like

Windows 10 comes in at nearly 5GB in size and you need at least an 8GB USB stick to write it on. Gone are the days of DVD burning, though thinking about it Brasero and other burners shrink the ISO down slightly before writing, but I doubt enough for Windows 10? Also it depends on what version, if it’s the fully bloated version, it could be anywhere between 5 to 9 GB.

Not yet I did try the AIOboot and it works fine!

Seems balena-etcher no longer wants to help so used WOEusb, and it worked fine just today. Cheers.